Senior Java Developer
TalentWorld is recruiting a Sr. Java Developer in Mississauga for one of its clients.
The position requires you to collaborate on requirements, produce appropriate software designs, generate development tasks, and work with the team to implement the solution.
Reporting to the Development Team Lead, you will additionally work closely with Product Owners, Architecture, QA and Release Management.
Sr. Java Developer Responsibilities
- Developing industry leading applications to enhance and further the business
- Providing insight and direction to the evolution of those applications from a technology perspective
- Provide regular and effective progress updates to, and work closely with, the Product Owner and Scrum Manager to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues
- Take responsibility for making key decisions to ensure the successful implementation of all initiatives
- Able to influence and drive projects to meet key milestones and overcome challenges
- Ensuring ongoing support for applications without impacting business
- Able to work without routine supervision
- A desire to remain technically capable and an expert in current technologies
Sr. Java Developer Qualifications
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- 5+ years of development experience
- Exemplary Java, Angular, Spring Framework, REST skill set with deep knowledge DevOps
- Excellent communication skills with an open mind to participate in every phase of the project (from requirements gathering to maintenance)
- Experience in both architecture and implementation-level software design
- Architecture, developing and shipping scalable systems on AWS in an agile environment
- Accomplished SQL Skills, PostgresSQL desirable
- Experience with JIRA and a familiarity of Continuous Integration
- Strong source control fundamentals, GIT preferable
- Accounting or financial services technical experience considered an asset
- Experience with SDLC methodologies including Agile and Waterfall
- Willingness to learn new programming languages and technologies
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, and full-time jobs for some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: application development, infrastructure, data management, networking, security, project and product management, business analysis, administrative support, accounting and banking, call center and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.