Security Technical Analyst
TalentWorld is seeking a Security Technical Analyst, for our client in Toronto.
Reporting to the Manager, I&O will be responsible for project coordination and providing support for operational activities. Operational activities include planning, assessing, implementing, and monitoring and maintaining business infrastructure. Working with the Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) team, s/he plans, configures, secures, and administers high availability systems on-premise and in the cloud including servers, networks, enterprise firewalls, storage appliances, web platforms, and database platforms.
Security Technical Analyst Responsibilities:
- Implements best fit security measures and controls in alignment with industry leading practices for cloud-based services such as Office 365, including Azure AD, Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, and Teams.
- Plans, architects, implements, configures, and administers Office 365 Security including Advanced Threat Protection, Advanced Threat Analytics, Secure Score, Cloud App Security, Azure Information Protection: Windows Security, Azure Security, Microsoft Graph Security API, and Microsoft Intune.
- Provides in-depth analysis for Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection service.
- Implements rich security analysis and production quality detection capabilities in the cloud.
- Maintains intimate knowledge of IT security trends and events.
- Hunts for targeted attacks, zero-day exploits, and new threats targeting Microsoft customers.
- Assists with development of security standards and best practices for the organization.
- Posts regular security blogs and present high-level information to management.
- Recommends security enhancements.
- Administers and supports firmware upgrades and patch management for HPE blade servers, networking appliances, Windows and ESX operating systems, and platforms.
- Assists I&O team with monitoring and analyzing logs, system performance, and preparing operational reports and statistics.
- Conducts penetration testing to determine likelihood of vulnerability exploitation.
- Monitors networks for security breaches and investigate violations when they occur.
- Ensures security of network services (WSUS, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, WiFi, etc.)
- Troubleshoots and maintains security of switches, routers, wireless access points and firewalls.
- Assesses client assets (laptops, desktops, BYOD) and servers in a Windows environment to ensure devices interconnect securely with systems including authentication servers, file servers, email servers, application servers, and administrative systems.
- Maintains anti-malware protection and security control.
- Setup and maintain syslog solution for on-premise and cloud environments.
Security Technical Analyst Qualifications:
- Expert knowledge in Office 365 Security - Advanced Threat Protection, Advanced Threat Analytics, Secure Score, Cloud App Security, Azure Information Protection: Windows Security, Azure Security, Microsoft Graph Security API, and Microsoft Intune.
- 5-10 years experience in security operations in a Windows and Office 365 environment.
- Incident handling processes across Windows platforms.
- Identifying suspicious and malicious activity across Office 365, Azure AD, and Palo Alto firewall.
- Posting regular Cyber security related blogs and presenting high level information to management.
- Performing malware analysis to understand characteristics.
- Dealing with advanced threats and the ability to create remediation plans for compromised organizations.
- PowerShell scripting and comfortable using APIs to pull security related data from Office 365 and Azure environments.
- Forensic analysis and the ability to understand scope of the compromise.
- System administration and knowledge of Windows system internals.
- Security certifications desirable
- Familiarity with SIEM solutions and Azure Sentinel an asset.
- Capable of performing technical tasks without supervision.
- Honours University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field.
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, and full-time jobs for some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: application development, infrastructure, data management, networking, security, project and product management, business analysis, administrative support, accounting and banking, call center and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.