Risk Rating Officer (Banking)
TalentWorld is currently looking for a reliable candidate for the Risk Rating Officer position in Toronto to join the team of its financial services client.
Reporting to the Risk Rating Manager, the Risk Rating Officer will support the Commercial and Agriculture portfolios in the Business Bank by determining a Borrower Risk Rating (BRR) for use in the adjudication of Commercial and/or Agriculture loans.
The Risk Rating Officer must have a clear credit history and clear criminal record.
Risk Rating Officer Responsibilities
- Use combination of GAAP, notes to financial statements, and overarching guidelines to correctly identify and input values from financial statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Statement of Cash Flow) of privately held companies into the Risk Rating model.
- Generate a BRR (Borrower Risk Rating) calculation for each request based on inputs.
- Apply requested adjustments to financial statements and create a revised set of financial statements and BRR rating.
- Understand intercompany transactions and apply the elimination of same to combine financial statements from multiple companies.
- Support Manager, Risk Rating in other duties as assigned.
- Contribute to a positive and fun work environment
Risk Rating Officer Qualifications
- Must be able to read and understand financial statements (company prepared, notice to reader, review engagement and audited).
- Demonstrate keen attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills
- Must have working knowledge of standard Microsoft desktop software, specifically Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Working knowledge of Adobe is required
- Working knowledge of Moody's Risk Analyst and OPC is preferred
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment while ensuring work is of high quality.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and inter-personal skills
- Education or work experience with a specialization in accounting is preferred.
- Open to recent grads
- Opportunity Number: #95347
- Location: Toronto - Downtown
- Pay Rate: $17.34/hour
- Contract Duration: 7 months (with possibility of extension)
- Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm or 11:00am to 7:00pm shift (overtime may be required)
Interested in Risk Rating Officer role in Toronto?
Please apply through our career website directly.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, accounting and banking, information technology, call center, industrial, logistics and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.