TalentWorld is recruiting a Payroll Administrator in Toronto for one of its clients.
Our client, a leading Canadian private holding company is seeking a diligent and organized Payroll Administrator to assist with a variety of financial tasks surrounding payroll, HR and benefit administration for the company. The ideal candidate will have experience in a payroll capacity and possess PCP designation. You will be proactive, have strong attention to detail and a high level of integrity.
Payroll Administrator Responsibilities
• Provide assistance in the administration of company payroll, preparing journal entries, forms, records of employment, income tax paperwork and remittances.
• Audit payroll processing reports for accuracy, maintaining a high level of attention to detail, ensuring all salaries are paid accurately and on time.
• Assistant with benefit administration, including health plans, stock options, expenses and fitness reimbursements, ensuring all claim forms are completed correctly.
• Create and monitor reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Respond to a variety of enquiries surrounding payroll and benefits from employees, escalating issues as necessary.
• Maintain detailed documentation and records of payroll functions, in accordance with statutory requirements, liaising with service providers.
• Provide administrative support to the wider HR department as required.
Payroll Administrator Qualifications
• Minimum 1-2 years experience in payroll, with a university degree in accounting, business, finance or related subject.
• PCP designation is essential, CHRP considered an asset.
• Strong working knowledge of ADP payroll systems, with experience administering salary processing, bonuses and benefits.
• Proactive attitude and ability to ‘think on your feet’ in a variety of situations, with drive to ask questions and a problem solving mindset.
• Understanding of payroll audit requirements, with accounting skills including journal entries, ledgers and bookkeeping.
• Strong technological skills, including Microsoft Office, particularly reporting in Excel and operating payroll software.
• High level of integrity, with the ability to handle confidential information in a professional and confidential way.
• Salary: Up to $45,000
• Location: Downtown Toronto
• Employment Type: Permanent
• Work hours: Full time
Interested in Payroll Administrator role in Toronto?
Please apply through our career website directly.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, accounting and banking, information technology, call center, industrial, logistics and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.