TalentWorld is recruiting a Financial Controller in North York for one of its clients.
Our client is a major organization within the healthcare industry, and they are seeking a Financial Controller to join their team for a hands-on role overseeing processes in the accounting department.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Financial Controller will be responsible for financial reporting and analysis along with making recommendations for policy development and process improvement.
The ideal candidate will have excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with strong leadership ability, and previous experience in a similar role managing a team in a collaborative environment.
Financial Controller Responsibilities
- Oversee the accounting department operations, ensuring timely and accurate completion of all transactions and reconciliation
- Maintain key relationships with shareholders, lenders, landlords, and regulatory bodies, preparing and delivering any required information
- Effectively motivate the financial team through coaching, mentorship, and feedback.
- Monitor current processes, practices, and trends and provide recommendations for process improvement and updates to enhance efficiency and mitigate risk.
- Perform financial analysis as needed in addition to reporting on financial and operating metrics
- Manage the accounting department policy and procedures, developing policies as needed and communicating updates to stakeholders on a regular basis
- Participate in the preparation of annual budgets in coordination with clinic managers
- Develop and maintain relationships with approved vendors/suppliers, taking part in negotiation for various products and services to limit costs.
Financial Controller Qualifications
- Post-Secondary education in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years of relevant experience as an accounting or financial professional
- Chartered Accountant accreditation CA, CPA or CMA would be an asset
- Excellent leadership skills to effectively oversee and manage a mid-sized team
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills as well as knowledge of financial reporting and accounting principles
- Previous experience using QuickBooks and other Accounting software
- Location: Remote start with the main office in North York
- Salary: Up to 110k with a rewarding discretionary bonus
- Employment Type: Permanent
Interested in a Financial Controller role in North York?
Please apply through our career website directly.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, accounting and banking, information technology, call center, industrial, logistics and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.