Commercial Litigation Legal Assistant
TalentWorld is recruiting a Litigation Legal Assistant in Toronto for one of its clients.
Our client, a well-respected law firm with a presence across Canada seeks Litigation Legal Assistant. In this role, you would be supporting a busy lawyer with a full range of responsibilities including drafting various litigation documents, court forms and various administrative duties. The ideal candidate will have experience in commercial list procedures as well as knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure. If you are a Legal Assistant with experience in Commercial or Civil Litigation who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
Litigation Legal Assistant Responsibilities:
- Drafting, preparing and proof-reading of correspondence, accounts, various litigation documents (e.g. pleadings, briefs), and court forms
- Practice administration duties including managing email and calendar accounts, electronic and hard copy filing, processing client accounts, recording meeting minutes, coordinating meetings, appointments and travel arrangements
- Preparing and maintaining a bring-forward system to diarize court and court filing dates, meetings and appointments
- Filtering incoming calls, mail and email and following-up on various information requests, including responding to client queries, and re-routing responses appropriately to ensure high level of client service and responsiveness
- Other duties as assigned
Litigation Legal Assistant Qualifications:
- College Certificate or Diploma, or equivalent combination of experience
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Litigation Legal Assistant
- Strong working knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure is required
- Strong knowledge of commercial list and color-coding procedures is required
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills; attention to detail, proofreading and accuracy are required
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to day-to-day workflow is considered an asset
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise discretion when necessary
- Salary: Up to $70,000
- Location: Downtown Toronto
- Employment type: Permanent
- Perks: Overtime, Benefits and 3 weeks’ vacation.
Interested in a Litigation Legal Assistant in Toronto?
Please apply through our career website directly.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, information technologies, accounting and banking, call center, industrial, logistics and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.