Claim Administration Officer
TalentWorld is currently looking for a reliable candidate for the Claim Administration Officer position in Markham to join the team of its Canadian bank client for a 6-month contract.
The Claim Administration Officer will be joining the Bank’s Financial Crimes & Fraud Management Group (FC & FMG) Operations team as a Fraud Agent. The FC & FMG team strives to keep the trust of our clients by performing a range of activities including fraud administration, operations, claims and detection.
The Claim Administration Officer must have a good credit history and clear criminal record.
Claim Administration Officer Responsibilities
- Perform a range of complex activities related with claims, detection and specialty within the fraud group to minimize losses
- Keep updated about variety of products, processes and systems, and identify where transactions can be considered questionable or fraudulent
- Collect and analyze significant data to aid the team in solving complex issues to meet service level agreement requirements
- Identify process gaps and recommend improvement opportunities to improve productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency by utilizing subject expertise and analytical techniques
- Apply due diligence in conducting thorough detection or adjudication of fraud claims while being consistent with relevant rules and regulation and escalate potential material risks to management.
- Liaise with partners to guide them on how to protect the customers and bank against fraud; provide procedural support and solution
- Ensure prepared documents are accurate and in accordance with set guidelines and bank code of conduct by being knowledgeable about the risks related with processes and policies
- Handle small scale initiatives in alignment with project management methodologies as a project lead and mentor the team accordingly
- Contribute to a positive, open and diverse work environment by communicating issues, enhancing and sharing knowledge and participating in personal performance management and development activities
Claim Administration Officer Qualifications
- High school diploma (preferably in related field) with over 2 years of relevant work experience
- Undergraduate degree is an asset
- Proficiency with MS Office and analytical tools and techniques
- Expertise in business unit and operational functions of fraud, and regulatory requirements for the supported region
- Able to use strong judgement in exercising discretion in all the matters of confidentiality
- A dynamic individual with positive attitude and has willingness to accept challenges in a demanding environment
- A strong team associate with excellent organizational and communications skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with minimal direction to meet tight deadlines
- Opportunity Number: #96119
- Hours: Monday to Friday — 8:30am to 5:00 pm
- Contract: 6 months
- Location: Markham — Victoria Park Ave. & Steeles Ave. E
- Pay Rate: $19.00/hr
Interested in Claim Administration Officer role in Markham?
Please apply through our career website directly.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, accounting and banking, information technology, call center, industrial, logistics and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.