TalentWorld is recruiting an Accounting Clerk in Toronto for one of its clients.
The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for processing payments and preparing bank reconciliations, in addition to a wide variety of general accounting support in a team-oriented environment.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, detail-oriented self-starter, with strong analytical and organizational skills.
Our client is a reputable international insurance provider and they are seeking an Accounting Clerk to join their fun and flexible work environment.
Accounting Clerk Responsibilities:
- Prepare invoices and process accounts receivables
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Match cheques to supporting documents and forward to management for approval (when required)
- Prepare and distribute vendor cheques and remittance advice
- Complete bank draft requests and forward to management for approval
- Update commission tracker system with payments and new policies
- Process credit card payments with proper GL coding
- Communicate with vendors, clients and insurance carriers in a timely and professional manner
- Reconcile general ledger balances, and accounts in a timely manner
- Function in accordance with established standards and procedures
- All other duties as required
Accounting Clerk Qualifications:
- Minimum Secondary School Diploma required
- College diploma in Business Administration, Accounting or related field would be an asset
- 1-2 years of experience in accounts payable or an accounting environment
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Customer service oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Salary: Up to $50,000
- Location: Downtown Toronto
- Employment type: Permanent
- Perks: Benefits: 3 Weeks’ Vacation, Early Fridays and Weekly Social Events.
Interested in an Accounting Clerk role in Toronto?
Please apply through our career website directly.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, accounting and banking, call center, industrial, logistics and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.