Salary up to $112,000 + + Great Bonus + Full Benefits + RRSP + Terrific Employee Perks!
Our client is seeking an experienced Payroll Manager to manage payroll operations throughout Canada. The Payroll Manager will lead the payroll team and oversee day to day activity to support the payroll process while ensuring excellent accuracy, timeliness, and compliance. If you have previous experience processing high volume payroll with demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team, then we would like to hear from you!
TalentWorld is seeking a Payroll Manager for one of its clients in the GTA.
Payroll Manager Responsibilities
- Provide day to day management and co-ordination of the activities for national Canadian payroll (approx 4000 employees)
- Cultivating a culture of customer centricity within the team
- Effective people management for the team, including, skill and career development and performance management
- Ensure the team responds in a timely and efficient manner to employee, corporate stakeholder and revenue authority queries
- Manage the workload of the team to ensure operational and compliance commitments are met
- Ensure payroll is processed in an accurate, compliant and timely manner
- Manage the local relationship with the outsourced Payroll vendor to ensure excellent service delivery
- Responsible for ensuring all payroll related documents, including standard operating procedures, are in place and kept up to date
- Oversee compliance with statutory reporting and filing requirements
- Working with cross-functional stakeholders to collect and compile payroll input data in a structured and timely manner
- Preparation of relevant weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports
- Preparation and audit of payroll account reconciliations
- Ensure all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements
- Support all internal and external audits related to payroll
- Keep current with new legislation impacting payroll
- Constantly look for areas to improve operational efficiency
Payroll Manager Qualifications
- Certified Payroll Professional designation
- Deep understanding and experience of payroll calculation and processing
- Previous managerial/supervisory experience
- Excellent understanding of multi-location payroll and taxes (national)
- Solid financial acumen, including accounting principles and practices
- Proficiency in payroll software (Ceridian)
- Highly proficient with MS Excel
- Salary: Up to $125,000
- Location: GTA
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Great employee perks!
Interested in a Payroll Manager role in Toronto?
We exist to create meaningful relationships between people and their employers. With TalentWorld, people can find the ideal job that showcases their talent, fuels their passion, and meets their unique wants. And employers can find the ideal people to help shape their business.
Are you looking for talented people to join your team? Then you’re in the right place. TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency that specializes in outsourcing, without losing the human element. We’re on a mission to bring back a sense of depth in an industry that’s about speed and automation.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.