Legal Administrative Assistant
Our client, a professional governing body, is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to join their busy team! In this role, you will provide administrative and operational support to the Tribunals Process regarding discipline hearings, orders and appeals. You will act as secretary during hearings and liaise with all relevant parties. If you are an organized individual with excellent communication skills and experience in a legal setting – then this may be the role for you!
TalentWorld is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant in Toronto. This is a 3 month contract paying up to $28 per hour based on experience.
Legal Administrative Assistant Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the Adjudicative Clerk regarding data requests and disciplinary hearings and outcomes
- Manage incoming requests for applicants, students, members and firms regarding incoming data queries, disciplinary review requests and appeals
- Provide administrative and operational support for corporate events, meetings and disciplinary hearings – including drafting and serving invitations, booking and setting up boardrooms, managing seating plans, catering requirements, and other relevant resources
- Gathering and tracking meeting and hearing data, preparing documentation supporting Tribunal decisions
- Compile relevant meeting materials, corporate reports, publication of hearing dates, notices, decisions and orders, reasons for decisions and settlement agreements
- Support administrative projects including the review and update of the Tribunal orientation binders, annual training session material, and document templates
- Assist with finance duties, such as processing invoices and expense reports, and preparing variance analyses
Legal Administrative Assistant Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a legal setting
- Post-secondary education in legal/paralegal field
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated knowledge of administrative tribunal/court procedures and requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to summarize complex information
- Ability to organize, prioritize and produce high volumes of work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience working for a tribunal or regulatory body would be an asset
- Duration: 3-month contract
- Employment Type: Temporary
- Location: Downtown Toronto
- Pay: Up to $28 per hour – based on experience
Interested in our Legal Administrative Assistant role in Toronto?
Apply directly through our corporate website!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the above requirements will be contacted.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, accounting and banking, information technology, call center, industrial, logistics and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.