TalentWorld is recruiting a Technical Analyst in Toronto for one of its clients.
The Technical Analyst will be responsible for project coordination and providing support for operational activities. Operational activities include planning, assessing, implementing, and monitoring and maintaining business infrastructure. Working with the Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) team, s/he plans, configures, secures, and administers high availability systems including servers, networks, enterprise firewalls, storage appliances, web platforms, and database platforms
Technical Analyst Responsibilities
- Microsoft Azure IaaS and PaaS environments – provisioning, configuration, and maintenance of compute, networking, web, storage, and database resources.
- Release management of custom web applications, web services, and web APIs.
- WinTel servers with latest Microsoft Windows enterprise OS, Hyper-V, and Active Directory (AD)
- Local networks, Wi-Fi, and VPN systems
- Firmware upgrades and patch management for HP blade servers, networking appliances, operating systems, and platforms.
- Systems monitoring/alerting, security, and capacity management to ensure alignment with operational targets.
- Collecting, reporting, and benchmarking various infrastructure indicators and metrics on regular basis.
- Business continuity and disaster recovery planning, design, implementation and management.
- Coordinating technical projects with regular status reporting, and ensuring deployments align with architectural and project requirements.
- Drafting architectural diagrams and documenting services, systems, and operational processes according to best practices and industry standards.
- Monitoring and analyzing logs, system performance, and preparing operational reports and statistics.
- Identifying opportunities for speeding up service delivery and quality.
- Identifying and developing long and short-term plans for system enhancements and changes.
- Maintaining system security and deploying adequate security controls.
- Providing Tier 2 / Tier 3 support – addressing inquiries and service requests in a timely manner.
- Performing system tuning to achieve the optimal performance and availability.
- Researching new technologies and analyzing current processes to support innovation.
Technical Analyst Qualifications
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in coordinating technical projects coupled with hands-on technical experience in IT operations - administering and supporting servers, networks, storage, and security in a cloud environment.
- Excellent documentation, communication, and presentation skills to convey high level summaries to management.
- Advanced knowledge and experience installing, configuring, administering and maintaining Microsoft Windows servers with related management tools including SCVMM, SCCM, and PowerShell.
- Hands-on experience in applications data exchanges, security, performance tuning, monitoring, and alerting.
- Certification in technologies related to Microsoft Azure, Palo Alto, HP Procurve switches an asset.
- Strong team player with excellent attitude who takes initiative and ownership.
- Strong ability to learn quickly and adapt to changes in business landscape.
Interested in Technical Analyst role in Toronto?
Please apply through our career website directly.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, accounting and banking, information technology, call center, industrial, logistics and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.