Set Up Technician
Set-Up Technician position available in Barrie for leading local company with lots of room to grow and advance with the company.
TalentWorld is currently looking for reliable candidates for Set- up Technician positions. The Set-up Technician is required to have 70% of equipment in the department in good running condition.
Reporting to the department supervisor the Set-up Technician must detect wear, mal-adjustments and impending breakdowns of production equipment and be able to make rapid repairs or replacement to maintain production and avoid downtime. They must have a broad knowledge of 70% of the production equipment, facilities, methods of operation, and set up for changeovers by proper procedures applicable to specific jobs
Our client is a leading manufacturer and they are looking for a Set-up Technician in Barrie, Ontario to join their team.
Set-Up Technician Responsibilities
- Responsible to be available .5 hours prior to shift, to make adjustments to equipment or lines to enable the line to start on time.
- Responsible for having all equipment in the department in good running condition, correctly located and properly adjusted for start up.
- Responsible to know 70% of equipment in the area--know how it works, disassembly, sanitizing and proper set up and adjustment. Ensure it is stored and ready in a clean state.
- Responsible for the finished product that it meets all requirements of the job specifications and the master sample.
- Makes sure the assembly line has a continuous supply of product and components.
- Responsible to keep the assembly area neat and tidy, that all spills are wiped up immediately, all obstructions and hazards are removed and/or reported.
- Monitors the quality and quantity of the product ensuring the line is running to the established standard.
- Makes recommendations to the supervisor of any changes and innovations to best help increase production, quality and safety.
- Responsible to ensure all containers are clearly labelled to their contents
- Responsible to keep records and control data as required to ensure proper information on hand for future reference.
- Responsible to know and comply with all Company and Governmental policies and procedures in respect to safety, GMP and environmental compliance
Set Up Technician Qualifications
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Machine Operating experience
- General Mechanical abilities are a must.
- Experience with Good Manufacturing practices
- Day Shift
- Employment type: Permanent
- Location: Barrie, ON
Interested in the Set Up Tech role in Barrie ?
To qualify your application in priority, please apply through our career website directly.
For further details about this job opportunity, please contact our office:
Office phone number: 905-953-9133
Email: [email protected]
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies.
TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, information technologies, accounting and banking, call center, industrial, logistics and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.\
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.