Senior Fund Administrator (Accounting Mgr Alt Title)
TalentWorld is recruiting a Senior Fund Administrator in Toronto for one of its clients.
Our client is one of the fastest growing companies in the investment industry and they are currently seeking an Senior Fund Administrator (specializing in Real Estate Assets) to join their team. The AUM of the PE funds are in excess of $4 Billion and growing. The Senior Fund Administrator will enjoy a multi-faced role with the following components: tactical, process improvement and coaching and mentoring staff/team members. In this role the Senior Fund Administrator will be responsible for all operational procedures, including recording and reconciling financial and investment transactions, ensure delivery of timely and accurate financial reports and troubleshooting daily issues.
Senior Fund Administrator Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly management reports for fund performance and Net Asset Value, prepare weekly NAV and quarterly Board of Director materials for assigned accounts directly related to real estate funds
- Prepare and review limited partnership and co-owner level accounting entries for funds
- Prepare financial reports including financial statements and ensure financial and investment transactions are appropriately validated, recorded and reconciled. Also prepare quarterly debt compliance packages
- Prepare Interim financial statements, MD&A, investor letters and statutory reporting requirements, as applicable
- Monitor, identify, resolve and report service and operational issues from internal and external property accounting teams and managers
- Research and implement accounting treatment and policies for new transactions, investments and new accounting standards
- Participate and coordinate financial and controls audit process providing information to auditors
- Manage and oversee deliverables from third party service provider, including resolving queries or escalations
- Co-ordinate daily work of the team including coaching, mentoring and guidance to team members
- Identify and manage new processes and controls to improve operational efficiency and to mitigate risk
- Deal with internal and external clients in a professional and timely manner, resolving queries or escalations
- Develop business requirements, process gap analysis/design/improvement on process improvement projects
- Recommend, develop and implement accounting procedure, financial operations and internal controls for development and construction projects
- Assist the Asset Management team with the determination and preparation of capital calls and distributions
Senior Fund Administrator Qualifications
- CPA, CA designation required
- 6-8 years of fund administration experience
- Ability to lead and mentor
- Experience with construction and development accounting considered an asset
- Ability to handle complex investment structures and transactions
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous processes, reporting requirements and projects while meeting strict deadlines
- Ability to identify both opportunities and requirements, develop solutions and courses of action
- Ability to lead and drive change for process improvement opportunities
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word Skills is a must
- Experience interacting with senior management and external service providers
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate with confidence in internal and external meetings
- Salary: Up to $100,000 + Bonus
- Employment type: Permanent
- Location: Toronto
Interested in a Senior Fund Administrator role in Toronto?
Please apply through our career website directly.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, accounting and banking, information technology, call center, industrial, logistics and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.