Senior Application & Data Integration Developer
TalentWorld is recruiting a Senior Application & Data Integration Developer in Toronto for one of its clients.
Our client is seeking a highly motivated person for the Application/Database Integration Developer in our Information Technology and Project Management Department, primarily focusing on developing solutions integrating in-house, legacy and third party systems and databases.
Senior Application & Data Integration Developer Responsibilities
- Full set of development activities within the software development life cycle – design, development, deployment, QA and production support.
- Development of the databases, desktop and web-based applications using Microsoft application development platform in the hybrid on-premises / cloud / vendor application environment.
- Development of the SQL databases and ETL packages for supporting data and system integration.
- Development of the middleware solutions, micro-services, web services and web APIs for application integration and interoperability.
- Optimization and modification of the application and database models and code to support legacy production solutions and ad hoc inquiries.
- Create and maintain technical documentation, such as technical designs, deployment and operational procedures.
- Application source code management, source control, deployment activities and tasks, e.g. code check out/check in, branching, release management, code packaging, promotion and deployment.
- Participation in the Agile development team and Agile process.
- Participation in and contribution to the cross-team and cross-functional DevOps processes.
Senior Application & Data Integration Developer Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Highly collaborative, result-driven and motivated team player, able to work between different teams and individuals, capable of addressing conflicting priorities, working under pressure, working around difficult circumstances and people's personalities.
- 5+ years of experience development of application and data integration solutions such ETL jobs, application services, and application middleware using Microsoft and cross-platform tools & technologies – e.g. SSIS, BizTalk, ESB, Windows Services, messaging patterns/message queues, flat files (CSV, positional), Excel, XML/XSLT, JSON/WebAPI, Web Services/SOAP, ODATA (Microsoft Web API toolkit) etc.
- 5+ years of experience in database development using MS SQL Server 2008-2016 and Azure SQL Service - programming T/SQL, data modeling, logical and physical database design.
- 1+ year developing production solutions using Microsoft Azure platform: Resources Groups, App Services, SQL Service, Azure Data Factory (ADF), Logic Apps, Azure Functions, Key Vault, Azure Storage, Service Bus, including incorporating them into the hybrid environment (SQL Service Data Sync, Hybrid Connections, Data Gateway etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in application development on Microsoft platform, including desktop and web applications deployed in the hybrid application infrastructure - .NET Framework, C#, ASP.NET, MS Office (Access/Excel), Windows Forms, WCF, SSRS, PowerBI, SharePoint etc.
- Expert experience using Microsoft Visual Studio and related development tools, e.g. Visual Studio, VSTS, TFS, SQL Server Database tools (SSDT), SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Azure PaaS designers etc.
- 2+ years experience working in the Agile/Scrum environment and teams
Interested in the Senior Application & Data Integration Developer role in Toronto?
Please apply through our career website directly.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, accounting and banking, call center, industrial, logistics, information technology and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.