Property Accountant Supervisor (Commercial Real Estate)
TalentWorld is recruiting a Property Accountant Supervisor (Commercial Real Estate) in Toronto for one of its clients.
The Property Accountant Supervisor be responsible for overseeing a team of property accountants and providing support in the preparation of budgets and financial reports for a portfolio of Commercial properties.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Property Accountant with a focus on Commercial Real Estate with excellent communication skills and a drive to grow in a reputable organization.
Our client is a leader in the Commercial Real Estate field and they are seeking a Property Accountant Supervisor to join their team.
Property Accountant Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Oversee the entire accounting process, ensuring timely and accurate delivery of financial reports
- Prepare Common Area Maintenance reporting and Tax adjustments, including all documentation pertaining to year-end audits with accompanying amortization schedules
- Participate in budget preparation, monthly financial review meetings, and other activities in the finance department as assigned
- Manage and train Property Accountants, ensuring a positive work environment and provide coaching on the accounting cycle
- Prepare monthly reconciliations (account, balance sheet, and HST) and financial statements with accompanying schedules
- Analyze and prepare reports for property records and any capital costs incurred
- Provide support to property managers and administrators with any tenant inquiries or financial management assistance
- Maintain accounting records including the preparation of journal entries, Accounts Receivable adjustments, and cash flow of assigned properties
Property Accountant Supervisor Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Accounting for a portfolio of Commercial Properties with strong knowledge of Real Estate terminology and accounting practices
- Completion of a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA Designation in progress; completion of the 3rd level would be an asset
- Experience working with Yardi and/or other Real Estate and Property Management financial accounting software
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Excel
- Excellent time-management and organizational ability to manage tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Salary: Up to $90,000
- Employment type: Permanent
- Location: Downtown Toronto
- Excellent vacation available
Interested in a Property Accountant Supervisor role in Toronto?
Please apply through our career website directly.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, accounting and banking, call center, industrial, logistics and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.