Property Accountant - Commercial Real Estate
TalentWorld is recruiting a Property Accountant – Commercial Real Estate in Toronto for one of its clients.
Our client, a leader in the Commercial Real Estate field, is seeking a Property Accountant to join their team. Reporting to the Property Accounting Manager, the successful candidate will manage accounts and prepare various financial reports for a portfolio of commercial properties in addition to providing support for any relevant tenant inquiries. If you are working towards your CPA designation and have previous experience in a similar role then we would like to hear from you!
Property Accountant Responsibilities:
- Maintain accounting records including the preparation of journal entries, Accounts Receivable adjustments, and cash flow of assigned properties
- Prepare documentation pertaining to year-end audits with accompanying amortization schedules, in addition to reports and files for Common Area Maintenance (CAM) and Tax adjustments
- Prepare monthly reconciliations (account, balance sheet, and HST) and financial statements with accompanying schedules
- Analyze and prepare reports for property records and any capital costs incurred
- Provide support to property managers and administrators with any tenant inquiries or financial management assistance
- Participate in budget preparation, monthly financial review meetings, and other activities in the finance department as assigned
Property Accountant Qualifications:
- Completion of a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA Designation in progress; completion of the 3rd level would be an asset
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of Commercial Property Management accounting with working knowledge of Real Estate terminology
- Experience working with Yardi and/or other Real Estate and Property Management financial accounting software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Office
- Excellent time-management and organization skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Salary: Up to $65K
- Employment type: Permanent
- Location: Downtown Toronto
- Excellent vacation and benefits
Interested in a Property Accountant role in Toronto?
Please apply through our career website.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, information technologies, accounting and banking, call center, industrial, logistics and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.