Payroll And Benefits Lead
TalentWorld is recruiting for a Senior Payroll Specialist in Toronto for one of its clients.
Our client, in the investment industry, is seeking a Senior Payroll Specialist to join their team! The successful candidate will process payroll for employees all over Canada, provide advice on best practices for complex payroll and benefit transactions, and manage employee benefit, pension, and commission plans. If you are driven to make complex processes efficient, possess strong communication skills and interpretation skills, then we want to hear from you!
Senior Payroll Specialist Responsibilities:
- Managed end to end payroll for salaried employees located all over Canada processed by 3rd party service providers
- Provide advice on best practices on routine as well as complex payroll transactions while ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and internal policies
- Ensure a smooth process of all new hires registration with benefits provider, departures and changes across the payroll, retirement and benefit systems in accordance with requirements
- Manage employee benefits and RRSP administration including but not limited to enrollments, changes, departures and reconciling invoices for all carriers and resolving any outstanding items or discrepancies
- Update payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers
- Ensure production and delivery of ROEs and T4s/Releve1s and complete year-end balance, filing and reporting for T4, T4A, Releve1, EHT, WSIB, CSST.
- Establish and maintain a strong positive working relationship with employees and vendors
- Answer inquiries about payroll procedures, benefits, commissions, deductions, etc. from employees all over Canada
- Administer payroll accounting function of payroll disbursements, G/L reconciliations, accruals.
- Keep up to date on relevant payroll legislation
Senior Payroll Specialist Qualification:
- 5+ years of experience processing payroll and administering employee benefits
- Degree or diploma in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Human Resources or a related field
- CPA Payroll certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of Canadian payroll legislation, Employment Standards, Taxation rules and year end reporting processes
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Ability to make sound decisions and demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify process improvements to improve efficiency and provide guidance to colleagues
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLookups, Macros, etc)
- Salary: Up to $85,000
- Employment type: Permanent
- Location: Downtown Toronto
- Perks: Bonus, Benefits and 3 weeks’ vacation
Interested in a Senior Payroll Specialist role in Toronto?
Please apply through our career website directly.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, accounting and banking, information technology, call center, industrial, logistics and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.