TalentWorld is recruiting a Legal Assistant in Toronto for one of its clients.
Our client is a well-respected Law Firm with a presence across Canada and they are seeking a Legal Assistant to assist a busy attorney.
In this role, the Legal Assistant would be supporting a busy Lawyer with various administrative tasks including dictation, data entry, calendar management, and handling the filing system.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience with Employment Law, General Litigation, or Health and Safety law with the ability to handle competing priorities and work efficiently with technology.
Legal Assistant Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support for various tasks such as account invoice and letter preparation, docket entry, etc.
- Opening and closing of files as necessary
- General calendar management including the scheduling and coordination of meetings
- Document preparation, transcription, and formatting; ensuring accuracy and proofreading for spelling and grammar
- Preparation of material for Commercial Real Estate deals, collecting, organizing and summarizing the information as required
- General data entry and maintenance of both the electronic and hard copy filing system.
Legal Assistant Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in as a Legal Assistant working with Health and Safety issues, Employment Law, or General Litigation.
- Relevant Post-Secondary Education required
- Proficiency with MS Office suite including Outlook and Excel with excellent typing skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to maintain organization in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent multitasking skill with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Salary: Up to $65,000
- Location: Downtown Toronto
- Hours of work: 8:00am to 4:30pm
- Employment type: Permanent
- Perks: Benefits and Vacation
Interested in a Legal Assistant role in Toronto?
Please apply through our career website directly.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, information technologies, accounting and banking, call center, industrial, logistics and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.