Information Security Officer
TalentWorld is recruiting a Information Security Officer in Stoney Creek for one of its clients.
Information Security Officer Responsibilities
- Diligently maintain our client's Information Security Framework and underlying policies, procedures, standards and guidelines
- Take the lead on developing, maintaining and updating the Information Security Strategy and Information Security Program, including managing the ISO 27001/2 program
- Actively ensure appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards are in place to protect our clients information assets from internal and external threats
- Meticulously identify, introduce and implement appropriate procedures, including checks and balances, are in place to test these safeguards on a regular basis
- Thoroughly conduct and complete annual reviews and audits as required engaging both internal business partners across the organization and external resources
- Make it a priority to see that disaster recovery and emergency operating procedures are in place and tested on a regular basis
- Act as the committed owner of the security incident and vulnerability management processes from design to implementation and beyond
- Passionately manage and assist in performing on-going security monitoring of information systems including assessing information security risk through qualitative risk analysis on a regular basis, conducting functional and gap analyses to determine the extent to which key business areas and infrastructure comply with statutory and regulatory requirements, evaluating and recommending new information security technologies and counter-measures against threats to information or privacy, and developing security reports and dashboards
- Ensure effective staff training programs are in place to increase security awareness across the company.
- Maintain and encourage open and honest business relationships within the team and throughout the credit union
- From a distance, make a difference in the lives of our members by helping our team members make members’ financial dreams come true
- Be a role model for our client's organizational culture by creating a positive impact at every touchpoint with people, with every word you say or put in print and everything you do
- Collaborate with your peers and stakeholders to add to the collective innovative thinking that can drive new business ideas for the company.
- Perform other duties as we may need you to do
Information Security Officer Qualifications
- Be proud of your University degree/College diploma in the field of computer science and/or information security
- Be even more proud of the 3+ years’ security related work experience, preferably with a financial institution, that you bring to the table
- Have worked hard for your recognized industry certification such as CISSP, CISSLP, GIAC or other security certification at a similar level
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of Information Security risk and industry best practices
- Be quick to respond to requests for service from all of your clients
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities while keeping your eye on the prize
- Possess over the top problem solving and negotiation skills
- Openly share your knowledge with the team
- Inherently demonstrate a high level of integrity and be trustworthy
- Be more than approachable with your superior interpersonal skills
- Innately demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills
- Be aware of and mitigate enterprise risk factors and ensure compliance with applicable regulations, legislation and our client's policies and procedures
- Be willing to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as the job demands and travel as required
Interested in the Information Security Officer role in Toronto?
Please apply through our career website directly.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, accounting and banking, call center, industrial, logistics, information technology and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.