Human Resources Manager
TalentWorld is recruiting a Human Resources Manager in Toronto for one of its clients.
Our client, a prestigious brand in the entertainment industry, is seeking a strategy-focused Human Resources Manager. In this busy role, the Human Resources Manager will manage employee and labour relations and maintain positive relationships with union representatives, as well as leading HR initiatives to support people development. If you have HR experience in a fast paced and dynamic environment that is also unionized and have with excellent fresh ideas and an analytical “mindset” then we would like to hear from you!
Human Resources Manager Responsibilities
- Manage a client base of 800+ employees and own HR functions (Employee Relations, Performance Management, Workforce Planning, Talent etc.)
- Manage all of the day to day HR programs which encompasses employee/labour relations, talent acquisition, workforce planning, performance management and employee engagement
- Identify HR gaps and conduct assessments, develop recommendations, and design/build solutions using data and thinking “outside of the box”
- Lead and participate in cross-functional working groups to solve complex organizational issues and develop solutions that are aligned within the HR portfolio
- Analyze employee survey results and make recommendations to ensure employee engagement
- Responsible for managing and maintaining positive relationships with union representatives, conduct investigations for grievances and work with the Director of Labour Relations
- Participate in the Collective Bargaining process with the Director of Labour Relations
- Manage and coach one HR Generalist
Human Resources Manager Qualifications
- Minimum 6 years’ HR experience, including at least 2 in a leadership role
- Post-secondary education
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to build positive working relationships within all levels of the organization
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- Experience working in a data driven environment and with HR analytics
- Knowledge of employment law and practice as it relates to the Canada Labour Code, Ontario Employment Standards and relevant Humans Rights legislation
- Experience with managing HR projects
- Salary: Up to $100,000
- Location: Toronto
- Employment type: Permanent
- Perks: Bonus, pension, full benefits, 3 weeks of vacation and terrific FUN employee perks
Interested in a Human Resources Manager role in Toronto?
Please apply through our career website directly.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, accounting and banking, information technology, call center, industrial, logistics and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.