General Manager (Commercial Real Estate)
TalentWorld is recruiting for a General Manager (Commercial Real Estate) in Toronto for one of its clients.
Our client, a leader in the Real Estate industry, is seeking a General Manager to join their team. In this role you will be responsible for a large portfolio of commercial properties in Markham and North York, managing finances, performance, tenant relations, and maintenance. The ideal candidate will have excellent time management and previous experience managing a portfolio of upwards of 2 million sq. ft of Commercial properties. If you are an organized individual with the flexibility to manage multiple priorities and are looking for an exciting and dynamic opportunity, then we would like to hear from you!
General Manager Responsibilities:
- Maintain strong tenant relationships by arranging meetings and responding to any escalated inquiries
- Oversee property finances such as budget preparation, tax adjustments, and issuing year-end operating costs
- Oversee timeline and achievement of property targets and objectives regarding budgetary performance, financial results, and overall performance
- Manage the purchasing process, including vendor negotiation, and ensure compliance with CPMI procedures
- Develop, implement, and maintain building procedures, including security and general operations, as well as performing regular building inspections
- Coordinate with waste removal to encourage sustainable best practices and promote solutions to reduce energy consumption
- Oversee hiring of operational and administrative staff, including managing training, performance and development
General Manager Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience managing a large portfolio of Commercial properties
- Continuous engagement with professional associations (e.g. IREM, BOMA) and other sustainability programs
- Experience managing property sustainability and environmental initiatives
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to manage relationships with tenants and staff
- Strong time-management and multitasking skills with the ability to manage competing and unexpected priorities
- Knowledge and understanding of financial procedures (e.g. expenses and revenue)
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle required
- Salary: Up to $125,000
- Employment type: Permanent
- Location: Downtown Toronto
- Excellent vacation and benefits.
Interested in a General Manager role in Toronto?
Please apply through our career website directly.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, information technologies, accounting and banking, call center, industrial, logistics and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.