Credit Assistant (Banking)
TalentWorld is currently looking for a reliable candidate for the Credit Assistant position in Markham to join the team of its financial services client for a 3-month contract.
Reporting to Manager, the Credit Assistant is responsible for auditing files and making sure conditions are met. The Credit Assistant will receive files for under writers. Credit Assistant must very articulate which will be rated on audit compliance.
The Credit Assistant must have a clear credit history and clear criminal record.
Credit Assistant Responsibilities
- Work in a team of underwriters and credit assistants providing credit adjudication services to the Mortgage Sales Force.
- Review mortgage documentation for compliance to policy (real estate appraisals, proof of income, down payment, etc.).
- Maintain strong and positive working relationships with Mortgage Sales Force reps to allow for effective follow-up of documentation required to complete mortgage files.
- Provide telephone and e-mail service.
- Administrative tasks must be completed in accordance with established bank procedures and processes to ensure compliance.
- The incumbent will provide prompt and thorough resolution of processing issues.
Credit Assistant Qualifications
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills are essential.
- Consumer Mortgage experience is preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are critical in this role
- Bilingual English/ French or bilingual Chinese/English is an asset.
- Opportunity Number: #95352
- Location: Markham - Steeles Ave. E & Victoria Park Ave.
- Pay Rate: $18.24/hr (paid weekly)
- Hours of Work: Monday to Friday between 8:00 am-8:00 pm and Sat 8:00 am-4:00 pm (Rotating Shifts)
- Contract Duration: 3 months (with possibility of extension and conversion)
Interested in Credit Assistant role in Markham?
Please apply through our career website directly.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, accounting and banking, information technology, call center, industrial, logistics and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.