TalentWorld is recruiting for a Building Operator role in Markham.
Our client is a leader in the Commercial Real Estate field, and they are seeking a Building Operator to join their team.
The Building Operator will be responsible for managing daily operations of the property. Tasks include liaising with contractors and tenants in addition to general maintenance.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar role with strong customer service orientation and excellent knowledge and understanding of building systems and equipment.
Building Operator Responsibilities
- Respond to and coordinate resolutions for tenant work orders and complaints in a timely and positive manner
- Participate in the coordination of new tenant move-ins and tenant departures
- Maintain Health and Safety standards within the building, ensuring all regulations are followed and understood. Respond to emergency situations in a timely manner, coordinating
- Track and conduct various building assessments including elevators systems, fire systems, and chemical testing for water treatment.
- Monitor regularly scheduled maintenance such as HVAC and cleaning services
- Manage general building maintenance and coordinate with external contractors (e.g. seasonal snow removal, housekeeping and litter pickup)
- Track and maintain inventory of supplies, ordering as needed to ensure sufficient stock
- Ensure BOMA and LEED standards are met by performing daily inspections and maintaining any required documentation.
Building Operator Qualifications
- Relevant post-secondary education required
- 2-5 years of previous experience as a Building Operator or a similar role
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, with a professional demeanor and attitude
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of building tools, systems, and equipment as it pertains to HVAC systems, preventative maintenance, plumbing fixtures, and electrical systems.
- Basic CPR, ARD and First Aid certification required.
- Salary up to 50k
- Location: Downtown Toronto
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Perks: Benefits and Vacation!
Interested in a Building Operator role in Toronto?
Please apply through our career website directly.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, accounting and banking, call center, industrial, logistics and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.