Application Infrastructure/Devops Engineer (Microsoft)
TalentWorld is recruiting an Application Infrastructure/Devops Engineer (Microsoft) in Toronto for one of its clients.
The primary responsibility of this role is to execute various tasks and activities to implement and support technology infrastructure required for operating business software and applications.
This position requires ongoing interaction, consulting and collaboration with product owners, business analysts, project managers and users to maintain continuous alignment with the business and requirements of the various initiatives within the company.
Application Infrastructure/Devops Engineer Responsibilities
- Participating in all stages of the software development lifecycle including design, development, testing and deployment.
- Working closely with the development team to contribute to the application and solution architecture, design and implementation to ensure that applications are designed for security, scalability, performance, reliability and operability.
- Installing, setting up and configuring application infrastructure and application platform components, such as application servers, application server runtimes and platform services, connection agents etc. deployed both on-premises and on the public cloud.
- Installing, deploying, configuring and operating custom and vendor-built applications and application services.
- Supporting application operations and testing activities in all non-production environments during development and testing stages.
- Providing technical application support, responding to production incidents while maintaining appropriate application-specific service and support levels, including response time, RPO/RTO etc.
- Identifying and resolving application performance bottlenecks, architectural and infrastructure issues resulting from production operations.
- Setting and maintaining strict standards to the application and infrastructure security, enabling security and risk compliance across all application environments.
- Applying due diligence and proper risk and business impact assessment while operating Production environments, planning and executing changes to the environments, following appropriate configuration and change management policies and procedures.
- Continuously optimizing application infrastructure for operational efficiency, enhanced security, application performance, cost effectiveness, availability, scalability, reliability etc.
- Contributing and participating in disaster recovery planning, implementation and audit activities.
- Communicating with external IT vendors for contract management and procurement, evaluating and tracking their performance and agreed SLAs, mitigating vendor related risks, raising and tracking resolution of the incidents related to the IT functions provided by outside vendors.
Application Infrastructure/Devops Engineer Qualifications
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field.
- Highly collaborative, result-driven and motivated team player, able to work between different teams and individuals, capable of addressing conflicting priorities, working under pressure, working around difficult circumstances and people's personalities.
- 3+ years in application infrastructure change management - configuring and setting up underlying application platform infrastructure; installing, setting up and configuring applications and application components with minimum 2 years applying the above in Microsoft Azure environment.
- 3+ years packaging, deploying and promoting application packages to various target application environments, including deployment to on-premises/server-based and serverless Microsoft Azure cloud (PaaS) infrastructure.
- 2+ years working in close collaboration and liaison with the Application Development team: minimum one year participating in the Agile development process or working as a member of an Agile/DevOps team.
- 2+ years providing 2nd-3rd level of application support, application monitoring, trouble-shooting and resolving application related production issues and incidents.
- Familiarity with and experience practicing relevant IT process methodologies – ITIL, COBIT, SDLC, Agile, DevOps, DevSecOps etc.
- Microsoft Professional certifications (MCP) for Azure and on-premises (a must-have).
Interested in the Application Infrastructure/Devops Engineer role in Toronto?
Please apply through our career website directly.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, accounting and banking, call center, industrial, logistics, information technology and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.