Adjudicative Tribunals Clerk
TalentWorld is recruiting an Adjudicative Tribunals Clerk in Toronto for one of its clients.
Our client, a professional governing body, is seeking an Adjudicative Tribunals Clerk to join their team. You will be responsible for providing support for hearings, including opening files, preparing materials, acting as secretary during hearings and liaising with all relevant parties. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills with strong attention to detail and organizational skills. You will succeed in this role if you have a flexible and collaborative approach and are extremely organized.
Adjudicative Tribunals Clerk Responsibilities
- Act as first point of contract for all relevant parties including applicants, students, members and firms who are appealing or requesting reviews of decisions
- Prepare for hearings including opening files, confirming hearing dates, drafting notices, booking rooms and catering, booking court reporters etc.
- Prepare and distribute hearing materials, seating plans, and scripts
- Attend hearings in the capacity of secretary, safeguard the exhibits and documents related to the hearings
- Prepare and manage finalization of tribunal decisions and orders and ensure all relevant parties receive the decisions and orders
- Collation of hearing data and preparation of reports including annual regulatory reports
- Managing publication of hearing dates, notices, decisions and orders, reasons for decisions and settlement agreements
- Process invoices and expenses, preparing variance analyses and assist with other finance duties as needed
Adjudicative Tribunals Clerk Qualifications
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a law clerk or licensed paralegal
- Diploma or relevant post-secondary education in legal/paralegal field
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated knowledge of administrative tribunal/court procedures and requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to summarize complex information
- Ability to organize, prioritize and produce high volumes of work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience working for a tribunal or regulatory body would be an asset
- Salary: Competitive base salary based on experience
- Location: Toronto
- Perks: Immediate benefits, terrific pension plan, 3 weeks of vacation, wellness spending account
Interested in an Adjudicative Tribunals Clerk role in Toronto?
Please apply through our career website directly.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, accounting and banking, information technology, call center, industrial, logistics and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.