Technical Support Specialist
If you possess the technical knowledge to quickly identify, diagnose and troubleshoot end-user support issues to ensure they are successfully resolved, then we would like to hear from you!
Our client, a leader in the healthcare industry is seeking a skilled Technical Support Specialist to join their team on permanent basis. In this exciting role, you will utilize your knowledge of technology to provide prompt, reliable, and accurate information to customers while maintaining effective communications.
TalentWorld is recruiting a Technical Support Specialist in Toronto for one of its clients.
Technical Support Specialist Responsibilities
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone, email and remote connection
- Provide 1st and 2nd level incident support and resolution
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests
- Diagnose and resolve Hardware, Software, Network, Internet, Email and Peripherals issues
- Escalate incidents as necessary per established escalation policies and SLAs
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support
- Escalate issues to Level 3/4 resources efficiently
- Create, follow-up and update customer status and information
- Record, track, and document the service request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to the final resolution
- Create and maintain a comprehensive Knowledge Base
- Follow IT Policies and Procedures
- Provide support for hardware and software rollout projects
Technical Support Specialist Qualifications
- University degree or technical college diploma in Information Technology or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in a Help Desk or Technical support role, preferably in a mid to large size organization
- Proven experience providing support while working with 3rd party hardware and software vendors
- Confident and effective communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Highly service-oriented with exceptional customer service, organizational and follow up skills
- Certification of A+ or equivalent
- Dental software knowledge is an asset
- Basic ITIL knowledge
- Strong computer literacy, Windows desktop & server, networking and Internet knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft outlook, exchange, email setup & troubleshooting
- Employment type: Permanent
- Pay & Benefits: Salary+ Group Insurance+ Vacation
- Experience: 5+ Years
Interested in the Technical Support Specialist role in Toronto?
We exist to create meaningful relationships between people and their employers. With TalentWorld, people can find the ideal job that showcases their talent, fuels their passion, and meets their unique wants. And employers can find the ideal people to help shape their business.
Are you looking for talented people to join your team? Then you’re in the right place. TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency that specializes in outsourcing, without losing the human element. We’re on a mission to bring back a sense of depth in an industry that’s about speed and automation.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.