TalentWorld is recruiting a Technology Manager in Ottawa for one of its clients.
As the Technical Manager, you will lead and develop a strong and motivated team of technical professionals; building on the necessary knowledge, skills and capabilities to execute our business strategies to maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction and profitability. You will lead and participate in data conversion, integration configuration, troubleshooting, report building, and custom coding services.
What will be your impact?
- Champion initiatives to increase the breadth and depth of technical expertise across the services delivery team
- Create a work environment that promotes cross training, learning, sharing and trust across the technical consulting teams
- Drive continuous process improvement of best practices, methodologies, and process control by establishing and monitoring clear objectives for technical team
- Work closely with the Leadership Team and Project Managers to ensure the on-time and on-budget completion of projects with the highest level of quality and customer service
- Monitor the utilization, performance and profitability of the technical services delivery team by tracking and analyzing statistics and trends in order to provide financial, project and customer satisfaction reporting to the Leadership Team
- Monitor and initiate initiatives to improve and broaden skill-sets and technical competencies of all technical service consultants
- Provide quality software implementation services to our clients, with a strong focus on customer service, technical expertise, and time management
- Perform data conversion from the existing client software system to Client's solution
- Assist in capturing customer’s requirements and implementing configurable interfaces
- Build and maintain effective relationships with clients, partners, vendors, and internal team members
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of direct implementation consulting management and technical consulting and/or software implementation experience in a software solution environment
- Highly driven, results-oriented, and able to manage time with competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teams to achieve goals, improve performance, and emphasize teamwork
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze information and make informed, independent decisions quickly and effectively
- Dependable, organized, flexible, self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently and as a team member
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in using the following technologies and tools: Microsoft SQL, SSRS, SSIS, Cognos, Java, ASP; 4GL an asset
- Experience in the Utilities industry or with Utility Billing and CIS applications is an asset
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, and full-time jobs for some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: application development, infrastructure, data management, networking, security, project and product management, business analysis, administrative support, accounting and banking, call center and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.