If you are a technology expert, experienced in implementing software solutions, and possess leadership experience in leading and developing a strong and motivated team of technical professionals, then we would like to hear from you!
Our client, a leader in the utility industry is seeking a skilled Technical Manager to join their team on permanent basis. The Technical Manager will lead the technical consultants in software implementation, client training, software installations and upgrades, best practices and more! You will lead and participate in data conversion, integration configuration, troubleshooting, report building, and custom coding services.
TalentWorld is recruiting a Technical Manager in Ottawa for one of its clients.
Technical Manager Responsibilities
- Champion initiatives to increase the breadth and depth of technical expertise across the services delivery team
- Create a work environment that promotes cross training, learning, sharing and trust across the technical consulting teams
- Drive continuous process improvement of best practices, methodologies, and process control by establishing and monitoring clear objectives for technical team
- Work closely with the Leadership Team and Project Managers to ensure the on-time and on-budget completion of projects with the highest level of quality and customer service
- Monitor the utilization, performance and profitability of the technical services delivery team by tracking and analyzing statistics and trends in order to provide financial, project and customer satisfaction reporting to the Leadership Team
- Monitor and initiate initiatives to improve and broaden skill sets and technical competencies of all technical service consultants
- Provide quality software implementation services to our clients, with a strong focus on customer service, technical expertise, and time management
- Perform data conversion from the existing client software system to NorthStar’s solution
- Assist in capturing customer’s requirements and implementing configurable interfaces
- Build and maintain effective relationships with clients, partners, vendors, and internal team members
Technical Manager Qualifications
- 3+ years of Managing technical implementation consultants in a software solution environment
- Previous technical consulting and/or software implementation experience in a software solution environment
- Highly driven, results-oriented, and able to manage time with competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teams to achieve goals, improve performance, and emphasize teamwork
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze information and make informed, independent decisions quickly and effectively
- Dependable, organized, flexible, self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently and as a team member
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in using the following technologies and tools: Microsoft SQL, SSRS, SSIS, Cognos, Java, ASP; 4GL an asset
- Experience in the Utilities industry or with Utility Billing and CIS applications is an asset
- Opportunity for professional growth and to work on challenging projects
- Strong team environment
- Ability to make impact in business processes and practices
- Comprehensive benefit package
- And more!
Interested in the Technical Manager role in Toronto?
We exist to create meaningful relationships between people and their employers. With TalentWorld, people can find the ideal job that showcases their talent, fuels their passion, and meets their unique wants. And employers can find the ideal people to help shape their business.
Are you looking for talented people to join your team? Then you’re in the right place. TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency that specializes in outsourcing, without losing the human element. We’re on a mission to bring back a sense of depth in an industry that’s about speed and automation.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.