Sr. Labour Relations Manager (Aviation Industry)
TalentWorld is recruiting a Senior Labour Relations Manager for one of its clients in Toronto.
Our client is a global leader headquartered in Canada with an outstanding growth track record in their domain and they are seeking an experienced Senior Human Resources Manager to join their growing team.
The Senior Labour Relations Manager will be responsible for all labour relations activities in Ontario and Western Canada in addition to overseeing the implementation of HR programs and initiatives for the company and its affiliates in Toronto.
The Senior Labour Relations Manager will develop and implement a strategic approach to labour relations for airport operations and ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience negotiating collective agreements in a unionized environment with strong knowledge of labour laws in Canada. French-English bilingualism would be an asset.
Senior Labour Relations Manager Responsibilities
- Build and lead a team of labor relations and human resource professionals
- Responsible for the implementation, execution and administration of all HR functions and delivery of HR programs
- Partner with the leadership teams (officers/directors) to determine strategies needed to drive results for the business
- Create trustful partnerships with union actors and their representatives
- Manage employee relations issues, grievance procedures, contract bargaining, discipline process and labor relations in Ontario and Western Canada
- Provide executive coaching and organizational consulting for senior leaders to improve their individual effectiveness and the effectiveness of their organizations
- Address and resolve HR issues that arise directly from the business and/or through HR Consultants. Work with department leadership to recommend solutions and strategies to resolve HR issues
- Partner with HR functions to ensure appropriate execution and consistent delivery of HR programs and initiatives; provide input on the delivery of various HR programs and initiatives
- Build a collaborative environment that reflects a strong focus on work process, group relationships and business results
- Manage, implement, administer, and be point of contact for all benefits plans in Ontario and Western Canada.
Senior Labour Relations Manager Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years relevant and progressive management experience in Human Resources
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent
- CHRP designation preferred
- Increasing responsibilities ranging from Labor Relations, Contract Negotiations, Employee Relations, Compensation, Leadership Development, Organizational Development/Consulting, Grievance Handling, Negotiations and Workforce Planning
- Experience with benefit systems and programs
- Experience with new company integration techniques/modules
- Ability to travel frequently within Canada, up to 50% travel
- Experience in leading or managing projects or department/organization programs or initiatives.
- Knowledge and experience with labour laws in Canada and the United States
- French-English Bilingualism would be a major asset
- Competitive salary in alignment with current market conditions
- Location: Toronto
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Perks: Benefits + Vacation + 20% Bonus
- 50% Travel throughout Ontario and Western Canada
Interested in a Senior Labour Relations Manager role in Toronto?
Please apply through our career website directly.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, information technologies, accounting and banking, call center, industrial, logistics and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.