Senior Payroll Specialist
Salary up to $75,000 + Bonus, Benefits and 3 weeks’ vacation! Our client is a leading organization in the Investment industry and they are seeking a Senior Payroll Specialist to join their team and take ownership for their multi-province payroll while contributing to process improvements and streamlining efficiencies.
The Senior Payroll Specialist will manage full-cycle payroll for employees all over Canada including Quebec, provide advice on best practices for complex payroll and benefit transactions, and manage employee benefit, pension, and commission plans.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience processing high volume payroll in the US and Quebec with strong problem solving and decision making skills. French-English bilingualism is a major asset!
TalentWorld is recruiting a Senior Payroll Specialist in Toronto for one of its clients.
Senior Payroll Specialist Responsibilities
- Manage end to end payroll for salaried employees located all over Canada processed by 3rd party Ultipro
- Provide advice on routine as well as complex payroll transactions while ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and internal policies
- Ensure a smooth process of all new hires registration with benefits provider, departures and changes across the payroll, retirement and benefit systems in accordance with requirements
- Manage employee benefits and RRSP administration including but not limited to enrollments, changes, departures and reconciling invoices for all carriers and resolving any outstanding items or discrepancies
- Update payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers
- Ensure production and delivery of ROEs and T4s/Releve1s and complete year-end balance, filing and reporting for T4, T4A, Releve1, EHT, WSIB, CSST.
- Establish and maintain a strong positive working relationship with employees and vendors
- Answer inquiries about payroll procedures, benefits, commissions, deductions, etc. from employees all over Canada
- Administer payroll accounting function of payroll disbursements, G/L reconciliations, accruals.
- Keep up to date on relevant payroll legislation
Senior Payroll Specialist Qualification
- 3-4 years of experience processing payroll and administering employee benefits; exposure to Quebec and US payroll preferred
- Degree or diploma in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Human Resources or a related field
- CPA Payroll certification preferred
- Previous experience using Ultipo 3rd party processing software
- Strong knowledge of Canadian payroll legislation, Employment Standards, Taxation rules and year end reporting processes
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Ability to make sound decisions and demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify process improvements to improve efficiency and provide guidance to colleagues
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLookups, Macros, etc)
- Salary: Up to $75,000
- Employment type: Permanent
- Location: Downtown Toronto
- Perks: Bonus, Benefits and 3 weeks’ vacation
Interested in the Senior Payroll Specialist role in Toronto?
We exist to create meaningful relationships between people and their employers. With TalentWorld, people can find the ideal job that showcases their talent, fuels their passion, and meets their unique wants. And employers can find the ideal people to help shape their business.
Are you looking for talented people to join your team? Then you’re in the right place. TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency that specializes in outsourcing, without losing the human element. We’re on a mission to bring back a sense of depth in an industry that’s about speed and automation.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.