Recycled Material Sorter
TalentWorld is currently looking for reliable candidates for Recycled Material Sorter positions. Recycled Material Sorters will sort items found in your blue box.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Recycled Material Sorter work on the line sorting items as they are transported down a conveyor system. Recycled Material Sorters work in an efficient and timely manner to meet production requirements.
Recycled Material Sorters would work a straight day shift or a straight afternoon shift and work an average of 30 hours each week.
Our client has over 50 years experience in waste management and they are looking for Recycled Material Sorters in Newmarket, Ontario to join their team.
Recycled Material Sorter responsibilities
• Sort items as they go down a conveyor system
• dump overflow bins
• Quality Control
• Ensure any scrap items are placed into bin, weigh and record as required
• Work in a fast paced environment.
• Workplace housekeeping and general clean up
Recycled Material Sorter Qualifications
• Able to lift up to 40 lbs
• Able to stand for 8 hour shift
• Exceptional attention to detail and manual dexterity
• Ability to focus on tasks to completion
• Punctual with a good attendance record.
• Must have CSA approved Safety shoes and safety glasses.
• Must have reliable transportation (not on a bus route)
• Physical requirements include: the ability to bend and twist at the waist, knees and neck; stand and walk for extended periods of time; lift up to 20 lbs.
Employment conditions :
• Day Shifts 7:30 am – 4:00 pm &split shift of 7:00 am - 1:00 pm
• Afternoon Shifts: 4:00 pm – 12:30 am & split shift of 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm
• Employment type: Temporary to permanent
• Location: Sharon, ON
• Pay: $15.00/hr to start on day shift with a $1.00/hr raise after 300 hours worked; $15.50/hr to start on afternoon shift with a $1.00/hr raise after 300 hours worked
Interested in the Recycled Material Sorter role in Sharon?
To qualify your application in priority, please apply through our career website directly.
For further details about this job opportunity, please contact our office:
Office phone number: 905-953-9133
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies.
TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, information technologies, accounting and banking, call center, industrial, logistics and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.