Project Control Officer
Our client is a leading organization in the financial industry, and they are seeking a Project Control Officer to join their team and take ownership in providing administrative and project management support for one or more projects/programs in execution.
If you are driven to shape the practice of supporting portfolio management and governance activities in order to ensure that project deliverables are met, then we want to hear from you!
TalentWorld is recruiting a Contract Project Control Officer in Mississauga for one of its clients.
Project Control Officer Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to Project Managers/Program Managers to help ensure projects are executed in accordance with established processes and timelines.
- Monitor and track project schedules and budgets (at a high level) for projects based on input/data from project team members.
- Provide analysis of project plans and status reports to the Project Managers and/or Program Managers assigned and flag issues, risks and weekly “to do’s” on projects.
- Participate in project meetings, recording action items, new issues/risks and task status information.
- Draft project change request (PCR) for review.
- Maintain project information for accuracy and compliance, including gathering, maintaining, updating, tracking and storing project data, information and artifacts to ensure maintenance of document repository. Support audit requirements as well as ongoing communication.
- Provide support for Project Portfolio activities including preparing agenda, meeting minutes and action items, and ensuring details pertaining to projects are captured, updates are provided, and client reporting packages are created with accuracy.
- Support the preparation of Portfolio Project Execution Review Meetings (biweekly).
- Support Portfolio Manager in preparing Client dashboards for project and CRs as required.
- Support Portfolio Manager in preparing project updates for the Executive Growth Committee (EGC) biweekly updates, monthly Client Reporting Packages for respective Clients within given portfolio.
- Support Portfolio Manager by preparing weekly/biweekly/monthly resource allocation reports.
- Assume other administrative responsibilities as required (e.g., assist with presentation preparation for steering committee meetings, project reviews, project tool support, etc.).
Project Control Officer Qualifications
- University or College degree in relevant discipline, an asset.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Knowledge of Project Management discipline.
- Basic exposure to project management tools e.g., MS Project; Document management tools e.g., SharePoint.
- Location: Mississauga
- Employment type: Contract
- Industry: Finance
Interested in the Project Control Officer role in Mississauga?
We exist to create meaningful relationships between people and their employers. With TalentWorld, people can find the ideal job that showcases their talent, fuels their passion, and meets their unique wants. And employers can find the ideal people to help shape their business.
Are you looking for talented people to join your team? Then you’re in the right place. TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency that specializes in outsourcing, without losing the human element. We’re on a mission to bring back a sense of depth in an industry that’s about speed and automation.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.