Privacy and Data Governance Implementation Manager
If you have a strong passion for data and people, and the technical knowledge and experience in Privacy and Data Governance, then we would like to hear from you!
Our client, a leader in the financial industry is seeking a contract Privacy and Data Governance Implementation Manager to join their team on contract basis. In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to drive the overall management for data governance projects designed to mature processes and capabilities. You will be responsible for building and managing a sustainable data governance program plan and roadmap to ensure the necessary, people, processes and technologies are implemented. This will involve ensuring process and business requirements are defined and high level/detailed project plans are created.
TalentWorld is recruiting a contract Privacy and Data Governance Implementation Manager in Toronto for one of its clients.
Privacy and Data Governance Implementation Manager Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of data governance concepts that span the entire data lifecycle as well as applicable privacy regulations and industry standards.
- Build and manage complex Privacy and Data Governance projects with accountability to deliver multiple work streams including the creation of project charters, high-level and detailed plans and implementation roadmaps ensuring the project scope is scheduled in manageable components.
- Design Data Governance metrics and reporting requirements.
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with business and technology services stakeholders ensuring Data Governance program objectives and requirements are understood, common processes and procedures are established and required technology capabilities are identified and implemented.
- Manage and oversee the efforts of inter-disciplinary teams to ensure alignment is maintained (i.e. conduct regular project status meetings).
- Oversee and provide direction as appropriate during the design and configuration of data governance tools (i.e. Informatica and OneTrust).
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of data governance standards and concepts and disseminate that knowledge to the extended team as appropriate. Assist lines of business and technology services during gap assessment and remediation activities.
- Accountable for providing proactive executive reporting on all project activities to the Chief Privacy and Data Governance Officer and Executive Steering Committee. Identify, anticipate, communicate and document issues and risks to achieving project goals and provide mitigation recommendations to ensure timely action.
- Accountable for managing approved budgets and tracking costs to ensure project spend is aligned to scope. Closely monitor timelines and financial budgets to proactively take action should any of the above be inconsistent with project plan.
- Responsible for communication management (i.e. preparation of executive program reports, internal and external presentations concerning program scope, timelines, activities, issues, budget and program status).
- Responsible for maintaining productive relationships and communications with strategic vendors as applicable.
Privacy and Data Governance Implementation Manager Requirements
- A minimum of 5 years of practical data governance, data management and/or data analytics experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as engineering, computer science or business
- PMI or related certification is preferred
- Interest in today’s rapidly evolving data landscape
- Proven experience managing and delivering project implementations within the financial services or insurance sectors in accordance with a structured project management methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Interested in the Privacy and Data Governance Implementation Manager role in Toronto?
We exist to create meaningful relationships between people and their employers. With TalentWorld, people can find the ideal job that showcases their talent, fuels their passion, and meets their unique wants. And employers can find the ideal people to help shape their business.
Are you looking for talented people to join your team? Then you’re in the right place. TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency that specializes in outsourcing, without losing the human element. We’re on a mission to bring back a sense of depth in an industry that’s about speed and automation.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.