If you possess the technical knowledge to quickly identify, diagnose and troubleshoot end-user support network issues to ensure they are successfully resolved, then we would like to hear from you!
Our client, a leader in the healthcare industry is seeking a skilled Network Technician to join their team on permanent basis. In this exciting role, you will utilize your knowledge of technology to provide prompt, reliable, and accurate information to customers while maintaining effective communications.
TalentWorld is recruiting a Network Technician in Toronto for one of its clients.
Network Technician Responsibilities
- Setup and maintain servers, end user devices and all applicable peripherals with their associated operating systems and software.
- Setup and maintain network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, wireless access points, and UPS.
- Work collaboratively with third party vendors to ensure the reliable function of security solutions including anti-virus, intrusion and spam detection systems and threat assessments.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfiguration, and/or purchases.
- Support the development and implementation of new technology installations.
- Maintain application servers to ensure the proper functioning of all computerized information systems.
- Accurately document instances of equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Administer add, move, and change requests, maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Perform server capacity and availability audits. Perform security audits on Active Directory elements and edge devices.
- Perform system backups and recovery. Assist in the planning and implementation of Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Provide technical expertise to install, configure, and troubleshoot electronic and computer components of equipment
- Other duties as assigned.
Network Technician Qualifications
- Degree/Diploma/Certificate in Computer Technology field, Microsoft Certification or equivalent advanced level certification.
- Proficient with Windows workstation OS-7/8/10; MS Office 2010/13/16 and Office 365.
- Advanced technical knowledge of server and Windows Server operating systems.
- Advanced technical knowledge of networks, storage and server virtualization technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of the following enterprise technologies: Active Directory, DNS services, Group Policy management, File Systems management & Security.
- Proven knowledge of the Office 365 and Azure platform.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and experienced using Service Desk applications
- Hands-on hardware/software troubleshooting experience including documenting issues in ticketing system.
- Technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls and security
- Understanding of and practical deployment, troubleshooting experience with virtualized environments VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Hyper V, Office 365.
- Ability to conduct research to solve issues and recommend solutions as required.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Employment type: Permanent
- Pay & Benefits: Salary+ Group Insurance+ Vacation
- Experience: 5+ Years
Interested in the Network Technician role in Toronto?
We exist to create meaningful relationships between people and their employers. With TalentWorld, people can find the ideal job that showcases their talent, fuels their passion, and meets their unique wants. And employers can find the ideal people to help shape their business.
Are you looking for talented people to join your team? Then you’re in the right place. TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency that specializes in outsourcing, without losing the human element. We’re on a mission to bring back a sense of depth in an industry that’s about speed and automation.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.