Field Services Technician
Our client, a transportation service provider, is looking for a Fields Services Technician to join the team! This will be a 6-month contract with the possibility of going permanent, paying $27.00/hr with a $50 monthly phone allowance. The Fields Services Technician is responsible for ensuring day-to-day service needs are met and independently manages all aspects of on-site installations, upgrades, remedial activities, and preventative maintenance for Fare Collection devices and systems. If you possess a valid and clear driver’s license and relevant previous experience, this may be the opportunity for you!
TalentWorld is recruiting a Field Services Technician in Etobicoke for one of its clients.
Field Services Technician Responsibilities
- Installation of fare collection systems, including system hardware, electrical connections and sub-assemblies (parts). Key responsibilities include:
- Setting up equipment and components
- Performing site inspections of installations
- Providing commissioning support both pre-installation and post-installation
- Supervising, participating in and reporting on tests performed in the field
- Providing warranty and post-warranty support
- Perform quality checks and full functionality tests on all systems, including:
- Supervising and/or performing all tests required by contract
- Scheduling and/or performing preventative maintenance work
- Providing documentation and logs of all preventative work
- Repair, troubleshoot, modify and test Fare Collection equipment, including:
- Repairing sub-assemblies at a workbench
- Scheduling maintenance work
- Tracking defective parts, shipments and repairs
- Performing upgrades on equipment
- Preparing repair reports
- Providing extensive quality support during all phases of device testing
- Providing coaching and support for customer personnel. This includes introducing the customer to offerings which can improve efficiencies and operations, supporting staff on both the use and functions of all equipment, and demonstrating recommended maintenance procedures using hands-on methodology
- Provides on-call support as required, including covering scheduled on-call rotations; providing on-site emergency service with short notice; and responding to customer trouble calls, close incident reports and follow-up
- Maintains accurate, ethical reporting of appropriate business documents, including but not limited to:
- Updating service delivery systems as required
- Service activity follow-up
- Activity-based time reporting
- Timely completion of installation and related reports
- Managing email communications
- Timely and accurate submission of expense reports
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to add value to the organization; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed, and providing the management & sales team with information to approach new opportunities
- Takes the initiative to stay current on all products, technology, and service advancements in order to perform job responsibilities at the highest level
Field Services Technician Qualifications
- 2-4 years or more of relevant experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of electromechanical equipment
- Has the ability to stand, squat and bend for prolonged periods of time
- Proficient in handling small parts and tools
- Travel – This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites within the assigned local territory, as well as 20% or more of their time to travel in support of projects outside their assigned territory.
- Must always maintain a clear and valid driver’s license
- Customer-Centric Attitude – Conducts daily business with a strong sense of customer understanding and sensitivity to ensure the needs of the customer are met and accurately represented
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives
- Effective communication – has strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; communicates effectively in group problem solving situations; uses business logic to resolve conflict, even when dealing with emotional topics
- Dependability – follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibilities for own actions; keeps commitments; agrees to and is flexible to putting in the necessary hours to perform their duties and to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternative plan
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Salary: $27.00/hr
- Benefits: $50 Monthly phone allowance
- Schedule: Rotational shifts (2 weeks of morning shifts from 7:00am to 3:30pm, 2 weeks of afternoon shifts 2:30pm to 11:00pm, 2 weeks of night shifts once every 2 months: 10:00pm, 6:30am). Must be flexible to work holidays and weekends.
- Contract duration: 6 months with the potential to go permanent
Interested in Field Services Technician role in Etobicoke? Apply now! And you could have a job tomorrow!
We exist to create meaningful relationships between people and their employers. With TalentWorld, people can find the ideal job that showcases their talent, fuels their passion, and meets their unique wants. And employers can find the ideal people to help shape their business.
Are you looking for talented people to join your team? Then you’re in the right place. TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency that specializes in outsourcing, without losing the human element. We’re on a mission to bring back a sense of depth in an industry that’s about speed and automation.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.