TalentWorld is recruiting for a Distribution Supervisor in Brampton for one of its clients.
Our client is an established global distributor that has been in the retail market for over 100 years distributing over 20 high quality apparel and footwear brands. Their success is related to their environmentally conscious decision making as well as their support for the integrity, inclusion and diversity of their employees.
Our client is looking to add two new Distribution Supervisors to their team in the Brampton location for the afternoon shift.
The Distribution Supervisor will be responsible for the guidance and support of a dynamic team in both external and internal operations to ensure all targets are met.
The Distribution Supervisor will provide assistance to the Operations Manager to train and coach team members, comply with legislation, and review department performance.
The ideal candidate will possess strong knowledge of distribution processes and systems, excellent leadership and communication skills, and previous experience in a management or supervisory role.
Distribution Supervisor Key Responsibilities:
- Ensures all corporate policies, procedures and guidelines are applied fairly and consistently.
- Leads and inspires his/her team of associates to ensure daily tasks are executed effectively.
- Ensures team members fully understand all Key Performance Indicators and other operational performance targets.
- Promotes and encourages open communication to help build a trusting & collaborative work environment.
- Trains and coaches new team members to help build a high-performance work culture.
- Promotes safety in the workplace and ensures team members contribute to a safe work environment.
- Ensures team members are thoroughly trained on all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for their department.
- Plans and organizes the use of resources (space, labour, equipment) to ensure the daily production plans are achieved.
- Reviews and analyzes departmental performance to the work plan throughout each shift and adjusts resources accordingly.
- Reports hourly/daily on departmental performance, variances and any staff issues to the Senior Operations Manager.
- Provides opportunities for team members to be involved and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
Distribution Supervisor Job Requirements:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a distribution supervisor or team leadership role.
- Degree/ diploma in business, supply chain, logistics or engineering an asset
- Solid understanding of distribution processes and systems.
- Previous experience with Manhattan PKMS, Red Prairie, or SAP or similar an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills – able to inspire others to perform at their very best.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic to intermediate computer-based skills – proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of Canada employment laws and safety regulations.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours including weekends as necessary.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
- Location: Brampton
- Industry: Distribution of trendy and seasonal apparel and footwear
- Salary: $65,000 - $68,000 (depending on experience) + potential bonus
- Perks: Benefits + RRSP matched + 3 weeks’ vacation
- Hours: 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm (cross-over at 2:40 pm)
- Discount: Employees receive 50% discount on apparel and other brand name products
Interested in a Distribution Supervisor role in Brampton?
Please apply through our career website directly.
Requires a criminal background check as well as employment verification.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, information technologies, accounting and banking, call center, industrial, logistics and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.