3 openings available for an afternoon shift in the apparel distribution industry with great benefits, bonus, and 3 weeks vacation! These roles are open due to internal promotion as their business is booming despite the economic climate!
Our client is an established global distributor that has been in the retail market for over 100 years distributing over 20 high quality apparel and footwear brands. They are looking to add three new Distribution Supervisors to their team in the Brampton location.
The Distribution Supervisor will be responsible for the guidance and support of a dynamic team in both external and internal operations to ensure all targets are met. The Distribution Supervisor will provide assistance to the Operations Manager to train and coach team members, comply with legislation, and review department performance.
The ideal candidate will possess strong knowledge of distribution processes and systems, excellent leadership and communication skills, and previous experience in a management or supervisory role.
TalentWorld is recruiting a Distribution Supervisor in Brampton for one of its clients.
Distribution Supervisor Key Responsibilities
- Ensures all corporate policies, procedures and guidelines are applied fairly and consistently
- Leads and inspires his/her team of associates to ensure daily tasks are executed effectively
- Ensures team members fully understand all Key Performance Indicators and other operational performance targets
- Promotes and encourages open communication to help build a trusting & collaborative work environment
- Trains and coaches new team members to help build a high-performance work culture
- Promotes safety in the workplace and ensures team members contribute to a safe work environment
- Ensures team members are thoroughly trained on all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for their department
- Plans and organizes the use of resources (space, labour, equipment) to ensure the daily production plans are achieved
- Reviews and analyzes departmental performance to the work plan throughout each shift and adjusts resources accordingly
- Reports hourly/daily on departmental performance, variances and any staff issues to the Senior Operations Manager
- Provides opportunities for team members to be involved and participate in continuous improvement initiatives
Distribution Supervisor Job Requirements
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a distribution supervisor or team leadership role
- Degree/ diploma in business, supply chain, logistics or engineering an asset
- Solid understanding of distribution processes and systems.
- Previous experience with Manhattan PKMS, Red Prairie, or SAP or similar an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Strong leadership and coaching skills – able to inspire others to perform at their very best
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Basic to intermediate computer-based skills – proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of Canada employment laws and safety regulations
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours including weekends as necessary
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
- Salary: $65,000 - $68,000 (depending on experience) + potential bonus
- Industry: Distribution of trendy and seasonal apparel and footwear
- Perks: Benefits + RRSP matched + 3 weeks’ vacation
- Hours: 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm (cross-over at 2:40 pm)
- Other: Employees receive 50% discount on apparel and other brand name products
Interested in a Distribution Supervisor role in Brampton?
Requires a criminal background check as well as employment verification.
We exist to create meaningful relationships between people and their employers. With TalentWorld, people can find the ideal job that showcases their talent, fuels their passion, and meets their unique wants. And employers can find the ideal people to help shape their business.
Are you looking for talented people to join your team? Then you’re in the right place. TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency that specializes in outsourcing, without losing the human element. We’re on a mission to bring back a sense of depth in an industry that’s about speed and automation.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.