Cross Border Dispatcher
Openings available for day shift Dispatchers in Oakville/Mississauga location for an exciting hands-on role! Salary up to $70,000 with benefits and RRSP matching! If you have previous experience with in-house dispatching, dealing with carriers and sizable freight activity in a customer-focused environment, then we would like to hear from you!
Our client is a third-party logistics company with over fifty years of experience in logistics/distribution including transportation, warehousing, and all associated information support systems and they are seeking a Dispatcher to join their team. The primary role of the Dispatcher is to coordinate and communicate with drivers, secure loads to balance freight activity, and perform administrative duties while maintaining excellent customer service. The Dispatcher will solve driver issues or escalations, plan loads, and effectively prepare for and manage Canada/US customs procedures.
TalentWorld is recruiting a Dispatcher for one of its clients in Oakville.
- Communicate dispatch instructions to a team of drivers along with any issues or schedules of importance
- Quote rates for customer and build strong relationship with customers, carriers, and 3PL group
- Continuously source for new carriers to ensure fleet assets are used to their maximum capacity and revenue
- Liaise information regarding service issues and develop effective solutions in a timely manner
- Perform administrative functions for order entry, tracking, and database as well as reporting on overall productivity
- Set up ACE and ACI trips, prepare entries for customs including PARS and PAPS labels
- Maintain safety standards, ensuring compliance with DOT, MTO regulations, hours of service and E-logs.
- 3+ years of experience as an in-house Dispatcher with exposure to communication and negotiation of prices with carriers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Booking Freight, Use of Load Link, Highway Traffic Act
- Exposure to Accellus, Freight Logix, High Jump, Fleet Complete tracking, and E-logs would be an asset.
- Salary: $60,00 - $70,000
- Location: Oakville
- Hours: Day shift, starting at either 8am or 9am
- Employment Type: Permanent
Interested in a Dispatcher role in Oakville?
We exist to create meaningful relationships between people and their employers. With TalentWorld, people can find the ideal job that showcases their talent, fuels their passion, and meets their unique wants. And employers can find the ideal people to help shape their business.
Are you looking for talented people to join your team? Then you’re in the right place. TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency that specializes in outsourcing, without losing the human element. We’re on a mission to bring back a sense of depth in an industry that’s about speed and automation.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced.
We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.