Cloud Infrastructure Administrator
If you possess the technical knowledge to own the Azure Environment deployment, automation, networking, and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments, then we would like to hear from you!
Our client, a leader in the financial industry is seeking a skilled Cloud Infrastructure Administrator to join their team on permanent basis. In this exciting role, you will provide support to operate with a user-focused view of network and server system operation, reliability and performance.
TalentWorld is recruiting a Cloud Infrastructure Administrator in Toronto for one of its clients.
Cloud Infrastructure Administrator Responsibilities
- Responsible for owning the Azure Environment deployment, automation, networking, and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments
- Maintaining and upgrading IT systems and servers following established rules and procedures
- Assist the IT Infrastructure and Security Team with infrastructure for security breaches and facilitate investigation when violations occur
- Disaster Recovery and Business continuity planning including backups, failover, high availability infrastructure, and hybrid public and private cloud
- Support automated methodologies for build activities in Infrastructure Operations
- Vendor management with IT vendors
- Work with the Project Managers on project progress, issues and solutions Work with Manager to implement processes improvements and compliance (PCI, CASL, ITIL)
- Develop shared knowledge of leveraged tools on the Infrastructure Operations team, eliminating single points of knowledge and dependencies
- Maintains PCI Compliance/Network security – analyzes server event logs and network device logs; monitor IPS/IDS systems
Cloud Infrastructure Administrator Requirements
- Post-secondary degree or diploma required, preferably in computer science, engineering or business
- 8 years of progressive experience and in-depth specialized training in developing network/server administration/support and infrastructure systems
- At least 5 years of experience with any of the following Core Azure Infrastructure technologies:
- Azure Virtual Machines and Scale Set knowledge
- Azure Virtual Network, VPN, Load Balancer (L4/L7), Traffic Manager, CDN, Azure DNS, routing & routing protocols like BGP, firewall concepts
- Azure Storage Account, Disk, Snapshot, Backup, Site Recovery, file sync
- Knowledge on ARM Templates, PowerShell and CLI management, Azure Automations
- Subscription and Governance Management (Policy, Management Groups, Cost, Blueprint), RBAC
- Azure Monitoring
- Azure Identity
- Experience with Power platform is an asset
- Direct experience of enterprise solution shaping and Microsoft Azure Cloud deployment architecture development, including excellent documentation skills
- Prior knowledge and experience with the following systems is required: Azure cloud, Windows Server 2003 to 2019, Microsoft Office/ O365, SharePoint, Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP Protocol, VoIP, Mobile Device Management (MDM), End Point Protection, Wireless Administration knowledge of network and Firewall devices and troubleshooting
- Understanding of Microsoft Identity and Access Management products such as Azure AD, ADFS, Azure AD Connect, Conditional Access, Azure AD Proxy, SAML and Active Directory Domain Services.
- Experienced in the design and delivery of enterprise-level Highly Available solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of PowerShell
- Strong communication skills, as well as solid organizational skills, ability to work independently and implement effective decision-making skills towards completion of assigned tasks
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive internal/external stakeholder relationships and work collaboratively
- Creative and innovative thinking and problem-solving skills
- ITIL Certification an asset
Interested in Cloud Infrastructure Administrator role in Toronto?
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency and offers quality contract, temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent jobs from some of Canada’s top companies. TalentWorld recruiters know how to match candidates to the right positions in stimulating fields and industries such as: customer service and sales, administrative support, information technologies, accounting and banking, call center, industrial, logistics and others. Our experienced recruiters will meet all considered candidates to ensure the best match possible. TalentWorld is dedicated to finding the best jobs for our talented candidates.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.