Our client, a not for profit organization, is looking for a Bilingual Receptionist on a temporary basis. The Bilingual Receptionist has shared responsibility for the coordinator of general donor administration and inquiries including handling both inbound and outbound calls. The role will ensure that all members, clients, volunteers and the public are introduced to the organization in a professional, courteous and efficient manner.
TalentWorld is recruiting a Bilingual Receptionist in Toronto for one of its clients.
Bilingual Receptionist Responsibilities
- Politely and courteously answer all incoming telephone calls and redirect to appropriate destination
- Transfer voicemail messages to various staff, return caller messages and handles general inquiries
- Greets and directs all visitors in a polite and professional manner and contact appropriate staff
- Promptly escalates calls appropriately
- Receives and redirects general email queries received through the organization’s email
- Upon receiving, process daily mail sorted by office administration – advises department contacts that mail is available for pick up at reception
- Contacts security in the event of an office related emergency
- Communicates office issues to all staff
- Coordinates necessary repairs that are the responsibility of property management
- Coordinates shredding for office
- Identifies and responds to all office maintenance issues/inquiries (repairs, temperature, carpet stains, lighting, security, etc.)
- Supervises kitchen cleanliness daily as well as large projects like fridge and appliance cleaning
- Manages supplying of kitchen needs including inventory of paper towels, dish and hand soap, pop, etc.
- Coordinators supply of coffee/dairy with the provider including machine repair
Bilingual Receptionist Qualifications
- Fluency in both English and French (spoken and written)
- Post-secondary education with at least 2-3 years related reception experience, including 2 years of customer service experience or the equivalent
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and always use sound judgement
- Has excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize effectively
- Demonstrated skill sin Windows programs (Word/Excel/PowerPoint and Outlook) and a knowledge of database programs
- Experience with a fundraising database would be considered an asset
- Ability to manage multiple assignments with various timelines
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure during high volume periods
- Willingness to volunteer/participate at a special fundraising event
- Salary: $18-$20, depending on experience
- Duration: Short-term, temporary
- Location: Downtown Toronto
Interested in Bilingual Receptionist role in Toronto?
We exist to create meaningful relationships between people and their employers. With TalentWorld, people can find the ideal job that showcases their talent, fuels their passion, and meets their unique wants. And employers can find the ideal people to help shape their business.
Are you looking for talented people to join your team? Then you’re in the right place. TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency that specializes in outsourcing, without losing the human element. We’re on a mission to bring back a sense of depth in an industry that’s about speed and automation.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.