TalentWorld is currently looking for reliable Administrative Assistants for multiple clients in Toronto within retail, banking, and non-profit industries!
As the busy holiday approaches, more and more temporary positions are being offered from our clients to keep up with the demand. We have various positions coming in ranging from experience, location, and duration. If you're looking for opportunities to make a bit more income during the holidays and in the new year, this is your chance!
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Answer and connect calls to appropriate personnel
- Receive and distribute mail (opening, sorting and distributing incoming mail and packages)
- Compose mail, reports and mail outs
- Provide administrative support to the team (including but not limited to) correspondence, telephone support, and communications with internal departments, and members
- Update member and student information in databases ensuring completeness and accuracy
- Maintain calendars, ensure appointments are entered accurately
- Coordinate, organize and provide travel and meeting arrangements
- Book meeting rooms/sites and coordinate appointments
- Provide general day to day administrative support
- Tracking outgoing mail and logging incoming mail in Excel
- Stocking photocopier rooms with paper and replenishing supplies
- Update and maintain data entry
Administrative Assistant Qualifications
- 1-3 years' experience in a similar role; previous receptionist, administrative, office positions
- Previous customer service experience required
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment with simultaneous deadlines and last minute changes in plans is required
- Strong general office operational knowledge and specific understanding of the organizational unit, its functions and products and customer groups
- Excellent working experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Possess strong data entry skills and able to meet assigned deadlines
- Post-Secondary education is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Opportunity Number: 103602
- Location: Toronto
- Pay Rate: $15 - $18/hour
- Contract Duration: Short-term with the potential to extend
Interested in the Administrative Assistant role in Toronto?
Please apply through our career website directly.
We exist to create meaningful relationships between people and their employers. With TalentWorld, people can find the ideal job that showcases their talent, fuels their passion, and meets their unique wants. And employers can find the ideal people to help shape their business.
Are you looking for talented people to join your team? Then you’re in the right place. TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency that specializes in outsourcing, without losing the human element. We’re on a mission to bring back a sense of depth in an industry that’s about speed and automation.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process